Lifestyles Magazine’s art advisor is Diana Widmaier Picasso, granddaughter of Pablo Picasso. She is an art historian, specialized in modern art, currently living in New York and Paris.
After a Master degree in private Law (Paris-Assas University) and a Master degree in Art History (Paris-Sorbonne University)—her thesis was about the art market in France in the seventeenth century—she decided to specialize in old master drawings. She worked on several exhibitions in museums (Metropolitan Museum in New York, Institut Néerlandais in Paris) and later became an expert in old master drawings at Sotheby’s in London and Paris for three years. Since 2003, she has been preparing a catalogue raisonné of the sculptures by Pablo Picasso with a team of researchers. She is the granddaughter of Pablo Picasso and Marie-Thérèse Walter. Major auction houses, dealers and collectors frequently ask her for advice.
Supported art organizations:
- Trustee MoMA PS1, New York (since 2009)
- Trustee Kunst-Werke, Berlin (since 2007)
- International Council of MoMA, New York (since 2000)
- Tate International Council, London (since 2005)
- Visiting Committee of the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the 19th, 20th and 21st century Departments (since 2008) Member of Performing Art committee of the Whitney Museum, New York (since 2013)
- The exhibition Picasso and Marie-Thérèse: l’Amour Fou (Gagosian Gallery, 2011) was awarded, in April 2012, “Best show in a commercial gallery in New York” by the American chapter of the International Association of Art Critics (AICA USA).
- In October of 2015 Diana Widmaier Picasso debuted an exhibition called “Picasso Mania” at the Grand Palais.